AGENCY WISH LIST
Big Brothers Big Sisters is the oldest, largest, and most successful youth mentoring organization in the U.S. It takes a lot in order to be able to say that, and at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Butler County, we take it seriously. In order to be the most effective and efficient organization we can be, there are certain specific things we'd love to have. Take a look at our wish list below and let us know if you can help out!
WISH LIST ITEMS
- School Supplies: Our site-based programs, which are implemented in 13 sites across Butler County, require lots of supplies. But more than that, we'd like to be able to help our Littles to have all the supplies they need for a successful school year.
- Field Trips for Community-Based Matches: We love it when our Big-Little Matches go out and explore the world together, but sometimes those memorable activities come with expensive ticket prices. We'd love for our Bigs and Littles to be able to make memories without having to worry about the cost.
- New Laptops: Our staff works hard to find and screen mentors, enroll children, and make matches that succeed, and our Enrollment Specialists and Site-Based Program Coordinators travel frequently throughout the county. We need technology that keeps up with us!
- Outdoor Signage: In late-2018, our agency (along with all BBBS agencies nationwide) adopted a new logo, but our outdoor signs still have the old logo. We have a sign on the building over the door to our office in Hamilton, and another on a grouping of signs by the road. We love our new look and want to share it everywhere!
- Van or Bus for Program and Event Transportation: Many of the Littles we serve need transportation assistance in order to participate in our programs and outings. Often, this means that staff members are transporting Littles in their own cars. We think it would be safer and more efficient to transport all the Littles at once in the same vehicle.
- Meals for Children in Need: For many of the Littles we serve and their families, food insecurity is a persistent reality. We want our Littles to have access to nutritious food outside of school, especially during summer break.
- Office Supplies: Our work requires lots of "stuff." In addition to general office supplies (paper, binders, folders, etc.), there are a few specific items that would make our work much easier. These include a laminator, a paper cutter, and a color printer.
HOW TO HELP
If you're able to help with any of these items - either by donating them directly, or by making a monetary contribution - please contact Carolyn Winslow, CEO, at Carolyn.Winslow@bbbsbutler.org, or at 513-867-1227.